Welcome, welcome! Thanks for taking the time to read about our crazy, fun life. Look around to learn about us, our adoption story, or to find out how to contact us. Feel free to make comments (LOVE comments). We do have the comment moderator on, so if you want it private, just say so. Also, we have pass along cards. If you'd like some, just let us know! Thanks again and happy reading!

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Family Letter December 1, 2008

Devin and I played and played and played all week long. We almost had no responsibility and had more fun than a barrel of monkeys. And I believe monkeys in a barrel have lots of fun. For example on Monday my siblings living at home had school so Devin Mom and Tawnya, a sister in law, sat around and worked on a puzzle for most of the day. I do not have any thing against puzzles I just do not enjoy putting together a 1000 piece puzzle. I think it hurts my brain so I did puzzles with Faye(3), Daisy(2) their puzzles where more on my level of difficulty. We also had fun talking to the chickens and Glory the horse and the cow. Every time we saw the cow Faye made sure I knew that the cow was the girl cow and that there was a boy cow but it died. I want all of you to know that the boy cow tasted delicious. We had him for dinner several nights. We also played a few games I believe the girl's favorite game race. It does not matter what you race to just racing is fun. Often times it was to a tree. After we got to the tree they would often pick a new tree to run to but before we left for the next tree Daisy would hug the tree. Brian I think you have raised a tree hugger. We also played on the trailer they often fed me fake peanut butter sandwiches and different colored grapes. I want you to know that black grapes where my favorite.

I decided to take over since Jared is extremely tired and he's watching “Hancock”, the Will Smith movie (my sister's ... 3rd? Husband) Anyway~ we had a blast in Texas. Jared told you about Monday. I must say I enjoyed putting the puzzles together. Tuesday we went and helped Mom Payne at her job that she does (helping a family in need keep their house clean). We had a picnic after too. It was a lot of fun. We just had fun, relaxed, and didn't do much for the rest of the day. Wednesday Mom Payne, Tawnya, their two girls, and I went to a place called “Jump X-treme”. It was so much fun playing with Faye and Daisy. They absolutely love it. Before we left we started some pies and other foods for Thanksgiving dinner. When we got back, Jared and the other boys pretty much had it finished. We just had fun for the rest of the day. Thanksgiving was a blast! We started the day by the girls going and watching the boys play in a football game, the Turkey Bowl. It's where two wards play together. It was a lot of fun. I must say it wasn't all guys playing. Tawnya did an awesome job playing. We went home, finished Thanksgiving dinner, then when the guest that were invited over got there we ate. We totally stuffed ourselves. I know at least for me, I couldn't really eat until the next morning! It was so yummy! After we ate we just enjoyed visiting, some went out to play with Glory the horse, and we just had fun. Friday was by far the best day though. Mom and Dad Payne, Brian and Tawnya, Jared and I went and did a session at the Dallas temple. They asked Jared and I to be the witness couple (little known fact: Jared and I have served as witness couple a time or two in Vegas and now Dallas... we have only done it once in Provo a while ago). It was neat to be there with them all. After we went to the bookstore, went home, and had fun. Later that night, I had the chance, with Mom and Dad Payne, Tawnya and her girls, to go to “Parade of Lights” in Fort Worth. Krystal rode Glory in it. The kids had a blast. It was so neat to watch her in the parade too. Jared and the boys don't like parades so they just hung out at home. Saturday we went to the store, then decorated for Christmas. Faye and Daisy were by far the most excited for it. Faye turns 4 just after Christmas, so she kept asking if it was her birthday tomorrow. Later that night we played games as a family. It was fun because Tawnya and I kept winning :0) It was more fun just hanging out. Yesterday we did the normal go to church, have dinner, and relax routine. We sang while I played the piano for a while too. It was great for me. I love just playing for things like that. It was nice. After we finished there we just spent time talking. It was a great way to spend our last night there. This morning we just got up, got packed, and played “Hearts” with Mom Payne and Tawnya. Our flight was good. Uneventful, which is a good thing. We had a wonderful time in Texas. It was a blast. After our excitement of the Bahamas and Texas, we've been gone all month and it's good to be home for a while. We hope this finds everyone well. Thanks for such a great time in Texas everyone involved! We love you all!

No comments: