Welcome, welcome! Thanks for taking the time to read about our crazy, fun life. Look around to learn about us, our adoption story, or to find out how to contact us. Feel free to make comments (LOVE comments). We do have the comment moderator on, so if you want it private, just say so. Also, we have pass along cards. If you'd like some, just let us know! Thanks again and happy reading!

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Adoption

This last weekend we attended an adoption training. It was really a great training. I enjoyed it. Fri. night they talked about the adoption process overall. Not quite as interesting but it was good. They broke us off into groups according to the number of adoptions you've had. So, we were in the group of being the first time. It was neat to hear the other first time couples feelings, what they're going through, and some of their questions. Sat. was a long day, but it was totally worth it! They gave us great tips on how to "spice up" our profile. I'm so excited to do it... when I find the time (I guess maybe I could do that instead of blogging.. hm... anyway lol!). I think the parts that hit me the most though were they had a woman who has been adopted come talk to us. She grew up knowing she was adopted and when she turned 18 she searched for and found her birth parents. Very cool to hear from her, her perspective, and her feelings on it. They also had a panel of 8 birth mothers come talk to us. WOW! That's all I can say. I have always had a respect for birth mothers. To place your baby for adoption would be incredibly hard. These 8 women gave me a totally new, even higher respect for birth moms though. The courage, strength, and love these women have for their babies to place them with another women. And most of the time, the adoptive mother is a stranger! That is an incredible love. Anyway~ I just thought I'd share a bit of my feelings on it. Feel free to let me know if any of you want to chat about adoption more. I LOVE ADOPTION!

3 comments:

-Special Mothertivity- said...

Me too! Adoption is miracle in so many ways! I'm glad that the training is going well. One step closer!

Mary said...

I agree! Birth mothers are THE most incredible people in the world. No doubt. You guys are awesome too, hope it happens for you soon. :)

Jeni said...

I'm tearing up here. Birth moms are definitely heros! I hope that things work out soon! Love, Jeni