Welcome, welcome! Thanks for taking the time to read about our crazy, fun life. Look around to learn about us, our adoption story, or to find out how to contact us. Feel free to make comments (LOVE comments). We do have the comment moderator on, so if you want it private, just say so. Also, we have pass along cards. If you'd like some, just let us know! Thanks again and happy reading!

Sunday, June 14, 2009

our week

The beginning of the week was pretty boring. I spent lots of time fixing computers for friends in the ward. I am sure that you do not want to hear much about that so I will skip to Thursday when my week started to get interesting. I was at work when Devin sent me a message telling me that she would like a grape slushy. Devin was at work down in Provo so I knew that she would not have an opportunity to get one until after work. I had finished up work a little early and decided to head down to Provo and get a slushy for Devin. I tried to sneak up behind her and surprise her but I poked my head around the corner and there was my beautiful wife smiling like always. I only had a minute before Devin was called into a patients room. I foolishly headed back to my car. I decided to take the stairs and walked down 6 flights before Devin called me on the phone and told me to come back up. I headed back up the stairs and met my beautiful bride most of the way up and I had about 15 minutes to hold her and talk with her. I enjoyed my lime aid but mainly I enjoyed being with Devin. I know this may not seem like a big deal to others but I love to be with my wife and 15 minutes with her is like 15 years in heaven. As an example of being with Devin making me happy, I want to point out that over the past month or so Devin and I have started to run a couple times a week. We run a couple times a week there is always a compromise on when we go running. I have a very boring job sitting at a desk and not getting a lot of exercise during the day. On days Devin works she spends most of the day walking around, lifting, and bending. As you can see our days are filled with very different activities. I end up running by myself most days. I do not like running but I do enjoy going out and running with Devin. She really makes the time go by fast.
Today was a very busy day for both Devin and I. I had meetings this morning at 8:45 and when I got home Devin had left for other meetings. She eventually got home at around 1:00. This worked out good for me because I had a talk in church today. I got a kick out of how I opened my talk so I want to tell you how it opened. I started out by bragging about my horrid singing skills and apologized and told everyone who is musically inclined to plug their ears. I then sang the song “The Prophet said to plant a garden”. I then talked about my 4 square feet of garden and about a news report I had recently heard. The report talked about the fact that for every dollar you spend on your garden you get roughly 50 dollars of produce. I then talked about the 49 dollar profit from 1 dollar of investment. I then stated that “the PROFIT said to plant a garden” . I waited for about 2 seconds before people started to laugh at the very dumb joke. Most of the rest of my talk was taken from the provident living website and I talked about the ways the prophet has instructed us to profit and how to manage our lives. Before priesthood our bishop came up to me and thanked me for not singing any more. Other people said that I was very brave for standing up in front of the whole ward and poorly singing a song. Devin's scouting assistant was talking down the hall with her boys and said that after I sang the song her boys went wild with laughter and she had trouble calming them down but they did listen to the rest of my talk so I guess that it worked.
After sacrament meeting I was a little sad. Devin started her new calling as the Assistant Primary Chorister so she did not come to gospel principles with me. Devin was a little worried about how to handle the kids. As she started singing time Devin felt like a freight train plowed into her from out of no where. I mean have you ever seen rail road tracks in the church. Well Devin found the invisible ones and got smashed. Devin said the kids had lots of energy. I can not blame them after listening to me give a talk and singing bad I would want to get out of the building as well. Devin had an apron with lots of little cut out pictures relating to songs. Devin would put the apron on the kids and let them pick a picture and everyone would sing the song. The primary had a tradition that the class that sang the best got a reward. The kids think it is very exciting to get to put a pair of bunny ears on their teacher. The kids seemed to have a good time and Devin survived. She already has ideas for next week. Devin is excited about the calling and is really going to have lots of fun. We love you and hope that you have a really fun week.



Jared having happy bunny thoughts!



Devin in her singing apron

No comments: