Welcome, welcome! Thanks for taking the time to read about our crazy, fun life. Look around to learn about us, our adoption story, or to find out how to contact us. Feel free to make comments (LOVE comments). We do have the comment moderator on, so if you want it private, just say so. Also, we have pass along cards. If you'd like some, just let us know! Thanks again and happy reading!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Couple of things

This morning I went with some friends to a charity 5K run. To learn more about the charity, read here. This is the first time I've done something like this. I loved it! It felt good to be out there running... okay so maybe Jessa and I ended up walking like 2 miles worth but it was a great experience. So wonderful knowing we were helping work for a wonderful cause. Thanks so much for staying behind with me Jessa!!


Yeah, sorry my eyes are closed. The sun was WAY bright


Second thing I want to talk about is the adoption retreat. So stinkin' excited. I have a button on the side if you want to go to the website for it (or click here), but I'll tell about it here. I had a comment on my committee post wondering what it is. Anyway~ so the adoption retreat is for anybody and everybody who has an interest in adoption. This can be because you're a birth family, you're a family that has adopted, you were adopted, you're hoping to adopt (like we are!!!), or even if you want to learn more about the "adoption world". Fri. night we're just going to mingle... get to know each other, have fun. Sat. we'll have a breakfast, a couple of awesome keynote speakers (Mr. and Mrs. R of The R House), a birth family panel, and an adoptive family panel. Coolest part??? We're going to get to hear 3 different sides of the same adoption story. I can't remember exactly, but I think it's like birth dad, adoptee, and adoptive dad. There will be a raffle too. Of course child care will be provided. The cost of the event is $40 per couple. If you're wanting to go (which everyone should come!!!) you need to register by this next Fri., Feb. 18. Let me know if you're interested and I'll hook you up with how to register.

Anyway~ I'm still working on Jared to get his blog post up. Don't loose hope! :o)

No comments: