Welcome, welcome! Thanks for taking the time to read about our crazy, fun life. Look around to learn about us, our adoption story, or to find out how to contact us. Feel free to make comments (LOVE comments). We do have the comment moderator on, so if you want it private, just say so. Also, we have pass along cards. If you'd like some, just let us know! Thanks again and happy reading!

Monday, January 30, 2012

Quick update

So... some of you may not care about this, but I just wanted to give a quick update on how "Thor"'s eating is going...

Overall, okay. We can usually get him to get 20-21 ounces in a 24 hour period... like with the 3 ounces every 3 hours. I think I'm going to keep this up until his 10:30 pm feeding tomorrow... then I'll see how he does on his own again... keeping better record of it this time. He does okay with rice cereal. He likes it, but still is not getting the tongue thing down. I'm not worried about it yet because he is only 4 months. I got a call from an organization called Kids on The Move. I guess "Thor"'s caseworker is worried he's a bit developmentally delayed. I personally don't see it but this organization also helps with feeding problems, on top of you can never be too cautious! They're coming to evaluate him tomorrow. I'll keep everyone posted.

This last weekend we did respite (remember, that's baby-sitting kids in the foster care system for a couple of days while their foster parents get a break!) this last weekend. Sibling group of 4. Yes, Jared and I took care of 5 kids! It was a great party at our house. :o) The 4 kids are awesome, they range in age from 12-4... so it wasn't bad at all. Other than that, we're same ol', same ol'.

Hope this finds everyone well. Love to all!!!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I did an internship with KOTM, and I love that organization! And it never hurts to have a little extra help developmentally, even for typically developing kids. I'm excited to hear how it goes :)