Welcome, welcome! Thanks for taking the time to read about our crazy, fun life. Look around to learn about us, our adoption story, or to find out how to contact us. Feel free to make comments (LOVE comments). We do have the comment moderator on, so if you want it private, just say so. Also, we have pass along cards. If you'd like some, just let us know! Thanks again and happy reading!

Saturday, October 23, 2010

and it continues...

the wait that is. The wait to be placed with a precious little one. So~ I'm not meaning for this to be a "pitty" post. It just seems like lately adoption has come up in conversation a lot. Hence, I've been thinking of it more than usual. So I decided to write a post about my recent thoughts and feelings. Don't feel obligated at all to keep reading. But if you do, I have to apologize if the thoughts are a bit scattered. Hopefully they make sense though.

My first thoughts are about birth families, especially the birth moms. I don't think I could ever completely express my gratitude and admiration for these women and birth families. I think it'd take the act of maturity to be able to place. Anyway~ the love these ladies and their families would have to have to be able to place their child in the care of another family is... incredible. Next to the atonement of Christ, I don't think there is more of a selfless act of love.

I've been made aware of ... from off the top of my head, 2 teenage young women that are pregnant. From what I understand they are going back and forth between placement or not. Obviously I would say place! BUT ... what these young women have to decide is what is best for #1 their baby and #2 for themselves. Yes... baby comes before them. I was talking with a friend the other night... her sister is a birth mom. This birth mom said that she knew that this baby was sent to save her... but to be a part of the adoptive family. Does that make sense? This birth mom was living a life that was leading to total chaos and misery when she got pregnant. When she found out she was pregnant, birth mom had to decide what to do about placement, abortion, etc... she knew that adoption was the way to go for her. Making such a magnificent choice really opened this birth mom's eyes and helped her through the repentance process... getting her back on the path birth mom wanted to be on. I don't know why, but when my friend told me this story it just really hit me. What strength! This story also made me it apparent to me that when birth mom did what was best for baby... she herself got blessings untold AND so did the adoptive couple AND so did the baby. I don't even want to think of what would have been missed out on by birth family, adoptive family, and baby. NOW! Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying adoption is right in every situation. The point I'm trying to make is... when people listen to the prompting of the spirit so many countless blessings unfold.

I've also lately been feeling the peace and comfort about our specific situation. Yes, I still have my impatient times and I just want to know when. I know without any doubt that "when" will happen when it is right... in the Lord's time. I know until that time I need to just keep loving life and living every day to it's fullest. Until "when" I need to focus on school, my cub scouts, my husband and family... I know the Lord is mindful of us, our situation and when the time is right we will be blessed and honor to have a baby ... and birth family... join our family.

3 comments:

Tyler and Jess said...

Devin- you are so amazing. I love your thoughts on this, thanks for sharing. In my own opinion- this is the toughest trial that could be asked of any woman. And tough you ARE! I think that you are going to be such an amazing mommy- heck!, you already are! Love ya tons,- Jess

DMN said...

Love this! You are so right! It's so amazing when it does happen! I was just talking to another friend who is adopting and we talked about these things. It is so worth it. I honestly think that you love and appreciate your children more. You really do get the child that is meant to be in your family and you'll know when it's meant to be.

Jeni said...

Oh Devin, what an amazing mother heart you have. You have been such a blessing to me with my own children. Whatever child Heavenly Father places in your arms will be so very blessed!! I love you so much!