Welcome, welcome! Thanks for taking the time to read about our crazy, fun life. Look around to learn about us, our adoption story, or to find out how to contact us. Feel free to make comments (LOVE comments). We do have the comment moderator on, so if you want it private, just say so. Also, we have pass along cards. If you'd like some, just let us know! Thanks again and happy reading!

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pack meeting Halloween party

Devin has been updating most of our stuff lately on our blog but she asked that I write this update. I hope you enjoy it. First of all I have recently been asked to fill in as Cub Master while there is a transition in the calling. I was happy to do so. If I got to pick my calling and only had to have one calling I would pick Cub Master. This is a calling that is just a party thrower. Once a month you get a whole bunch of people together and throw a party. This month is Halloween so I got to throw a Halloween party. Being the master of ceremonies and getting to hand out awards to the boys is an awesome perk to the job. Devin and I had a awesome setup. We went dressed up as Mad Scientists. I was dressed head to toe in black with medical scissors and syringes hanging out of my pockets. Devin loaned me a stethoscope; she had a couple of them. I also got to dye my hair red. Devin dressed in red and white scrubs and had some medical equipment as well. Devin even took the plunge and did something she had never done before. She frizzed her hair a little and dyed her hair BLACK. She looked like a crazy woman. We finished off our costumes by putting fake blood all over our hands arms and faces.


We started the whole shindig with Devin carting in all our stuff for the pack meeting. I had a cart with awards and other gruesome things. We had one boy getting rank advancement and that was very exciting for him. We talked about the role of the werewolf. Werewolves are the guardians, the protectors. I will admit they are to protect vampires but that is besides the point. We talked about protecting others and not joining in on hurting those who need protection. Then in order to get his award he had to eat something off my cart. He decided to eat a 6 foot long Vampire Vein. I dropped the Vein into his mouth a foot at a time with everyone cheering him on.


The next boy to get an award decided he wanted to try one of my werewolf huevos. He pulled out a large huevo and ate it down. There is nothing like rocky mountain oysters to get a belt loop.


The next boy tried the final item on my table, Franken Fingers. Yes they are the severed fingers of Frankenstein’s monster.


We continued to call people up and one of the boys almost puked after taking a bite out of a werewolf huevo. We then had several games for the boys to play that where much more traditional. Devin and I hung donuts from strings while the boys ate them without hands. Musical Chairs was played at another station you know party games. The kids had an extremely fun time playing and pack meeting was an astounding success.
After scouts Devin sprinted up the stairs and made a bee line to the shower. She felt disgusting in her awesome costume. While Devin got cleaned up I started to wrestle with our dog Buddy. Buddy loves to wrestle! We pushed on each other for a few minutes when I realized that my dog was no longer white. He was beginning to change from white to red. I guess the fake blood on my arms and the dye in my hair where not very stuck to my body. He loved the game but I decided to stop before Devin got out of the shower with a red dog.

We hope everyone enjoys their Halloween as much as we did and wish everyone the best.

2 comments:

Tyler and Jess said...

AWESOME! love the crazy side of devin! haha

Mel said...

i esp like the balls. and the costumes.