Welcome, welcome! Thanks for taking the time to read about our crazy, fun life. Look around to learn about us, our adoption story, or to find out how to contact us. Feel free to make comments (LOVE comments). We do have the comment moderator on, so if you want it private, just say so. Also, we have pass along cards. If you'd like some, just let us know! Thanks again and happy reading!

Friday, December 31, 2010

Awesome story and relation to that story

As I was looking at blogs the other day, Stefanie, she's one of the incredible birth mom's that I've somewhat come to know over the internet, did an incredible post. Here it is for you to read. Yeah, I could relate it but I wouldn't do the story justice. Sorry! Totally worth it to read the story. OH! Thank you so incredibly much, Stefanie, for letting me share this and for letting me blog stalk you!

Here is why I choose to share this on my blog though. First off, the lady who's story this is, is a nurse too, so I can totally 100% relate having a hectic day and flowers making it all better. There have been a few shifts where I was having a bad day, Jared ended up surprising me with flowers, and it just brightened my day so much! I've never been asked to give up the flowers Jared gave me, but I could imagine I'd really struggle with it. I want to say I'd be strong enough to give up the flowers, but I don't know that I would be, to be honest. The flowers just give you that extra ... love that you need to make it to the end of the day. To know that something better is waiting if you do give up the flowers though... it would make it worth the initial pain.

I also, obviously, can relate on the adoption part Stefanie did. I guess it's hypocritical of me to expect someone to give up their "flowers" when I don't know that I could. Maybe that's why I have the utmost respect and such a great love for all birth moms... and birth families! Anyway~ when Stefanie changes the elderly woman's story into an adoptive mom's story it just really struck home. Mine is a bit different because I didn't barely find out that we couldn't conceive or struggle getting pregnant. It's all the same though in that I can't biologically have kids, I have emotional struggles about it, and I long to be a mom one day. I know that our birth mom, whoever she may be, is an angel and I can't wait to have her be a part of our life!!

No comments: