Welcome, welcome! Thanks for taking the time to read about our crazy, fun life. Look around to learn about us, our adoption story, or to find out how to contact us. Feel free to make comments (LOVE comments). We do have the comment moderator on, so if you want it private, just say so. Also, we have pass along cards. If you'd like some, just let us know! Thanks again and happy reading!

Sunday, August 21, 2011


Alright, here we go. Ready for the excitement of the Payne household for the last couple of weeks? I'd recommend grabbing the chips and drink first! Maybe empty that bladder too. This is a LONG one. Sorry! I’ll break it up with random pics. :o)

So on Aug. 9th, we (Jared took the day off to be with me) took LM to the pediatrician, went to WIC, came home for lunch, had to go back to WIC, ran to Wal-Mart, and then took LM to his bio mom. Hardest thing EVER!!! I am so grateful my Jared was with me. I don't think I could have done that on my own. After we went to get comfort food (aka frosty's) and took time to ourselves when we got home.

On the 10th, at like 830 am, our foster care case worker called us, asked how we doing. Then she asked if she could fill that void for us, with some respite (just a reminder, respite is glorified baby-sitting). 3 kiddos, JR who's 6, HM who is 3, and LP who is 9 months-ish. The older two are boys, the baby is girl. We got them that afternoon, at about 1:30 and had them until Monday, the 15th. I dropped them off somewhere in the morning. We had an absolutely blast with these kids.

Wed. we didn't do much, as far as doing stuff with the kids. Jared was at work then had scouts.

Thurs. we did lots of water activities before Jared got home. That evening we took them to a local park place where they had different booths, JR spent like an hour and a half shooting hoops. They seemed to have had a blast. Jared's mom stayed with us that night too.

Fri. we had a few of the neighborhood kids over, Jared make his stair slide, painted faces, and made snow cones! The kids had a BLAST!! They absolutely did not want to go to bed. Jared's mom stayed with us again that night.

Sat. we had a Payne family reunion!! Jared and I went car shopping in the morning (that post is coming), then we went to his uncle's to swim! The kids, as well as us, had a BLAST! Jared had to teach JR that we do not jump into the pool with out someone there (these kiddos don't know how to swim well). HM was total opposite... it was all we could do to get him to jump to us from the sides. That night we had dinner, and had cake and ice cream for Mom Payne's birthday.

Sunday was church, didn't do much. All three did awesome at church! Which I was grateful for. We spent the evening playing games, going for a walk, and just talking with them.

On Monday, the 15th, I took the kiddos to where I was instructed too. On my way home I got a call from Jason, Jared’s bro, telling me Michelle, his wife, is a ticking time bomb of having their second baby any time and wanted me to be able to take their first. I agreed. Got home, cleaned up the house, had my visiting teachers over, ate lunch, went to the car place and bank with Jared, came home for a bit, took my friend to physical therapy, picked Jared up from work, went to the bank, went to the car place, and home. We decided to go out to eat. We’re walking into Panda Express and we get a call from Michelle saying her contractions were about 2 mins. apart and they were headed to the hospital! Yeah, strong women for being able to call me when going through labor! We ate, came home for a bit, then I went to the hospital. Jared had a warped idea of what happened there so he was reluctant to come at first, but we talked him into it. :oD... He left after a while, and the rest of us hung out ALL NIGHT! Tanner Scott made his appearance at about 5:15 am on the 16th. CONGRATULATIONS again you guys!!!!

So, Tues., the 16th, I came home, ate, woke up Jared so he could get to his physical therapy (which he’s doing REALLY well!! Hopefully only one or two more appointments). I took a bit of a nap, then took my friend to physical therapy. While we were there I got a call asking if we’d do shelter care (shelter care is when they need a quick place for the child to stay until they get family or a foster family lined up- if you agree to shelter the child well most likely stay with you IF they do not go to family). This one was a 5 day old girl. We got her that afternoon. I spent the afternoon taking care of her, getting appointments set up for her, and all that good stuff. That night I went out with one of my amazing friend to get clothes for baby girl. And of course we had to get ice cream. :o) I was pooped by the time I was able to get to bed!

Wed., the 17th, I picked up my friend and we took baby girl to the pediatrician. While there I got a call saying baby girl is going to her aunt and I need to bring her to the office that afternoon. So we finished at the peds, took my friend to PT, ran home to grab baby girl’s stuff, and take her to the office. My friend and I grabbed lunch, went to her house, and I helped her get her kids packed for a trip they went on. I got home, hung out with Jared for a bit, then he went to scouts. I got house stuff done... I think lol.

Thurs., the 18th, I got a bunch of stuff done, took my friend to PT, and had a productive day (ie. laundry and getting life organized a bit)... I think. Sorry, memory is faded there. That night we went to dinner at Jason’s house. Mom Payne cooked a yummy meal! After the adults went to see “Aida”! SO AWESOME!! I highly, highly recommend it.

Fri., got finances worked on, put our white Honda up for sale, and took my friend to PT. Got home, had lunch, ran a couple of errands, got a few more house keeping things done, and hung out with Jason, Michelle, their boys, and Mom Payne. Jared got home, I baby-sat the boys while the others went shopping (I was left behind because Jared had to get my birthday present). When they got home, we cooked dinner. A couple of other friends came over and we loaded up a BUNCH of stuff in cars for the yard sale! We ended up with 6 car fulls! They sang happy birthday to me, and we had ice cream. While my friends and I were taking the yard sale stuff to one of their houses, a guy came to look a the car and bought it! Well... he said he’d come back the next day with money and officially buy it. Yeah, that car sold QUICK!! Mom Payne spent the night with us again.

Sat, my actual birthday was awesome! We actually were late getting up, but we still got Mom to the airport on time (thank you Heavenly Father!). We went to breakfast, then I met up with my sister for sister time! We got lunch and saw “The Help”. AWESOME!! Loved it. I’m not much of a reader, but I might just have to read the book now. It was a great movie. While I was there the guy came to get the car, and Jared ran to the bank. Came home, got a thing or two organized, then rushed with Jared to get scouts. Long story short, Jared and his scouts had to man a booth at a county fair that no one told Jared specifics about until I got a voicemail. So we got scouts, went to man the booth, took it down, had the scouts over for treats to thank them, took the scouts home, got ready, and we went to do temple sealings. So needed! I felt much better after. We came home and just chilled the rest of the night.

So there is our last couple of weeks! Now hopefully you understand why I’ve been a bit MIA! It’s all been fabulous, wonderful things. Just time consuming and means I don’t get to blog as much as I’d like. Hope this finds all well! We do have a couple of other post we need to get up. Until then, love to all!!


Tara said...

Sounds busy and exciting! You are amazing!

Jeni said...

WOW Devin! You have been busy busy busy!!! Sure love you tons!!

Nola said...

Wow, that was sure a busy time of life. I hope you now have some time to breath! Happy Late Birthday, by the way.