Welcome, welcome! Thanks for taking the time to read about our crazy, fun life. Look around to learn about us, our adoption story, or to find out how to contact us. Feel free to make comments (LOVE comments). We do have the comment moderator on, so if you want it private, just say so. Also, we have pass along cards. If you'd like some, just let us know! Thanks again and happy reading!

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Grandma Hurst

Helen Redd Hurst

Sorry about the black square. She was holding a foster child.

On Sunday, Nov. 27 my dear sweet grandma took her last breath. Grandma was a remarkable woman. She was a woman of faith, as well as many other things. She was extrememly loving and caring. She'd always offer whatever it was that she had. Whether it was ice cream, tomato, or anything else. One her mottos was "We share in our family". ALTHOUGH! It later came out that we don't share strawberry pie. :o) Grandma loved quilting, croching, sewing type stuff. I have a quilt she made me when I graduated high school, she made us one when we got married (that she nicknamed the happy quilt- it was called that because of the bright colors she used.), as well as many flannel baby blankets, burp clothes she crotched. Grandma wasn't dealt the easiest hand in life, but she did the best she could. OH! Grandma was an LPN (licenesed practical nurse) for many of years. She is one of the reasons I choose to go into the nursing perfession. One of my favorite memories of Grandma is... so we'd all be visiting late at night. She would start drifting off to sleep. We'd tell her to go to bed. Her response? Something along the lines of how she can't because she doesn't want to miss anything. Yes, another trait I inherited. I also loved how she'd always ask what we were thinking.

I could go on and on forever about the amazing woman my Grandma was. I'm proud to be her granddaugher. I also take comfort in knowing that I will be able to see her one day, and be with her forever.

I miss you Grandma! Love you!!


Oh! I also wanted to share. Please let me know if you're not LDS and would like me to try to answer any questions about this next little story. So my grandparents were temple workers. We had the honor of doing a session while they were working one time. I had the privilage of my grandma helping me at the veil! It was such a neat, memorable expierence that I will never forget!

No comments: