Welcome, welcome! Thanks for taking the time to read about our crazy, fun life. Look around to learn about us, our adoption story, or to find out how to contact us. Feel free to make comments (LOVE comments). We do have the comment moderator on, so if you want it private, just say so. Also, we have pass along cards. If you'd like some, just let us know! Thanks again and happy reading!

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Family Letter December 28, 2008

How was your Christmas? This is really a one way communication so I will not stop and wait for all of your replies. Devin and I had a wonderful time doing what ever we wanted this past week. To be more accurate I did what ever Devin wanted me to do most of this past week. Monday was no exception I did not have work and Devin did and it snowed all day long. Devin had many things on her list that needed knocking off. I had planned to help get things ready for Christmas but Devin told me not to clean the house because she wanted it done on Tuesday. I guess the Monday is just too early in the week. Personally I do not think it makes much difference which day the house gets cleaned but it was important to Devin, so I did exactly what she wanted and sat on the couch, played dumb video games and watched T.V. All day long. Tuesday was nothing like Monday. On Tuesday Devin and I got up and ran errands until the sun went down. Now after the sun went down we kept running errands. While we where out doing the last thing on the list for the day we got stuck in the snow. Now I want you all to know that for two people who grew up in fairly warm climates we did a bang up job of getting the car out of the snow. It only took one other person and about 20 minutes.

Christmas Eve was a wonderful day. First of all someone called at 5:00 a.m. Now most of you may be thinking that is not a good way to start out a holiday, but I was very happy to get a phone call. Not just because I happened to wake up at 4:00 and was watching Stargate. Devin got put on call and did not have to go into work yet. This was a great blessing because it allowed Devin to finish her checklist before heading to Las Vegas for Christmas. She also did not get called into work so we got on the road early and we were able to spend Christmas Eve with Devin's side of the family. We all sat around and sang Christmas Carols and read the Christmas Story, along with lots of other Christmas stuff. Devin has a tradition from her family of getting pajamas. I know that the Paynes have this tradition but it is nice to see that we are not the only people with this tradition. We had a nice time celebrating the birth of the Savior. Christmas is truly one of the best times of the year.

Christmas was a nice day as well. We woke up waited for everyone to get together and then sang another Christmas Carol before opening the presents. We then sat around and shared some of our favorite Christmas memories from when we grew up. Family is truly one of our greatest blessings and Devin and I are very grateful for all the people in our family who worked so hard to put on the event that Christmas is. We really enjoy being with you and doing all that regular boring stuff that we normally do by ourselves. We also liked to do the not so regular stuff like making graham cracker houses. They are just like Gingerbread houses except you use graham crackers instead. Devin and I attempted to make a house for a bear but we lost patience and made him 2 tents that are too small for our bear to get into. Lucky for the bear there is a tasty fish in the pond and a delicious hiker coming by ready to be eaten. I think everyone else had a better looking house than we did. We still had lots of fun. After everything Christmas related was done I was a little bored and did something I like to do, and Devin likes to make fun of me for doing it. I programmed several different sorting algorithms. Now that is a great way to spend a Christmas.

Saturday was a special day for Devin and I we celebrated our 2 year anniversary. Our anniversary is actually Sunday but we wanted to go out and celebrate early. I can not tell you how much of a blessing Devin is to me. She keeps me organized; ask my parents how hard that is to do. She brings the spirit into our home with beautiful music. Devin is always willing to go out of her way to help others. Devin almost always thinks of others before she thinks of herself. Devin is truly one of the greatest blessings that I have been given. I thank you for all you have done to help make Devin the wonderful person she is. We are looking forward to eternity together and we both think that is just to short. We are excited to have had as much time with family as we have over this Christmas season and wish you all the best.

No comments: