Welcome, welcome! Thanks for taking the time to read about our crazy, fun life. Look around to learn about us, our adoption story, or to find out how to contact us. Feel free to make comments (LOVE comments). We do have the comment moderator on, so if you want it private, just say so. Also, we have pass along cards. If you'd like some, just let us know! Thanks again and happy reading!

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Family Letter July 27, 2008

The beginning of the week was one slow roller coaster. It started out on Monday when I got to work The building smelt of mildew and for a change, at least for Utah, it was humid. Not as humid as Galveston, TX where my brother Brian lives or even as humid as a normal summer day in Weatherford, TX where my parents live but it was defiantly more humid than I am acclimated to. After working for a little while I got a headache and generally felt bad. I did not feel bad enough to complain, except in this family letter, but I was not happy. To top all things off when I got home and wanted cuddles Devin had other things she needed to do. As some of you may know Devin's favorite thing is cuddles so this was a surprise to find out there was something more important than cuddles. To tell you how long I had to wait for cuddles I got ready for bed around 8:30 and had time to do my personal scripture study and write in my journal as well. Only after much patience on my side did I get what I had wanted all day; Devin gave me cuddles. Which made my day a wonderful day.

Most of the rest of the week was about as boring as you could imagine. Wednesday had a hi-lite. Our next door neighbor, Nate, works for Bonneville Communications. In case you do not know who that is, it is the churches communications company. They are in charge of broadcasting general conference and make the church movies. It ends up that he had two tickets to the churches pioneer day celebration concert featuring the Osmond's. At the time Devin was not at home and I am not the type of person who likes to go to these type of events. I thought for a few seconds and decided to take the tickets any way. I know that Devin like to go to music thingies. Friday I got off work early and Devin and I went to Salt Lake to have dinner and watch the concert. As far as music concerts go, this one was one of the best ones I have ever gone to. I liked most of the music. The Mormon Tabernacle Choir sang some old time American hymns, such as “Come on Down”. For some of you who have seen the movie “O'Brother where art thou” that is the song the Sirens sing to get the guys to go down to the river and pray. The Osmond's also sang many songs from all the years they have been in the music business. They claim this is their 50^th year. I actually liked most of the stuff. Except when Marie was singing solo. I thought she needed a breathing coach. Every time she breathed in she constricted her throat and made a sound like hhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuppppppp.

The letter is short this week but luckily for you, you do not have to read some lame drawn out story about some mundane thing that happened. Oh! For all of you who are curious, no one took me up on my bet last week about Devin getting a new calling. This was a very wise move... my cute wife is now wolf den leader. Have a great week!


No comments: